Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Journal, journal, journal.

Seems that's all I do these days. I look forward to creating in my journals every day. It's been a really busy week for me - I've taught two "Stash and Smash" journal classes - my husband was in the hospital for knee replacement - and don't even get me started on everything else my week held. Thank goodness for journaling, it's a great way for me to unwind and let go of it all.

                                                                CHA make and take.

I really enjoy sharing my journal ideas with others. Making them from recycled materials seems to take the pressure off...less fear of your art not being worthy...or some such thing. The recycle journals I make are from paper bags and old envelopes - free stuff! I add gesso, paints, papers, images and  markers to really layer them up. A lot of my images come from old magazines. I love this one it reminds me of one of my favorite, fun songs - "On Top of Spaghetti" - remember that one?


                                                                Recycled journal page

At the end of January I attended the Craft and Hobby Association conference to premiere my new book Stash and Smash ... art journal ideas. It was wonderful...Sandy Steen Bartholomew was there doing make and takes as well as Mark Montano and Joanne Fink. Suzanne McNeill received a much deserved  Industry Achievement Award. Mark Montano even set in on one of my make and takes....so exciting, he is a real sweetheart.

                                   Sandy Bartholomew, Suzanne McNeill, me, Mark Montano. 

8 comments:

Erin said...

Wow Cindy, looks like your book is a great success! Congrats.

Unknown said...

Thank you Erin...I hope so. It was fun to do and I am enjoying teaching some of the projects from the book....addicted to art journals and zentangle!

lifeneedsart said...

Congratulations on your book, Cindy! It looks wonderful.

Annette said...

Oh so enjoy your blog and we have a lot in common besides both living in TEXAS! Thanks for following on my blog, I joined your grandma one and will do here also, so you have a double whammy of me. LOL xo

KathyJ IN Md. said...

I have a quetion! I just got your book Stash and Smash, what is the book that is on the cover made from??? THAT is the kind of journal I want to make!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Karen, it's very exciting to share some of my favorite things.

Unknown said...

Thanks Annette, enjoyed your blog as well...where in Texas are you?

Unknown said...

Since you asked Kathy, my latest post will guide you through how I did the journal cover...hope it helps, let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks so much for buying my book.