Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

"Moustachio" Houses

Just got back from a fabulous week in Anaheim, CA...attended the Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show. So many things to talk about... I will be filling you in all week. There were so many talented artists and crafters there.....so many great new products. I will also be talking about my new line of Moustachio House stamps.

                  This is one of the stamps, measures 2 1/2" x 2". I colored it in with gel pens. 

They were manufactured for me by a company in Anaheim and I picked them up before the CHA show. I love, love, love them...it's such a great feeling to see your designs become stamps. They are based on a series of drawings I have done over the last few months. Fun little house shapes with mustaches...."Moustachio" is the name of the line.



   Same stamp....colored in with Inktense pencils. This watercolor paper is a little rough...next time I will use a smoother paper.
                                       
It's been great fun to experiment with these little guys...adding personality and flourish to them. I plan to give each one a name...any ideas for the one above?? Since I love to work in my Smash Journals I have drawn, painted and collaged some of my houses in my journals as well.

         Acrylic paint, paint markers and clippings from magazines are used for Deedle Deedle Dum. Kind of Teesha Moore style. Using the eyes and lips from magazine pages as well as the borders.



    Acrylic paint, paint markers, napkins as collage. "Hung over", because the roof reminds me of an ice pack on the head.

                Acrylic paint, paint markers and stamps. "Adios Amigo" Complete with a big tear.

These are hand-made journals, filled with old envelopes. I normally add gesso and scrap paper to them and then add painted images. I love using recycled materials...envelopes can be made very durable for journal use with gesso, paint and collage.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable stamps Cindy. I would name him Mr. Toasty Posty. Looks a little melted next to his "male" box. I would use it with a die cut of a sun and create a sweltering background page.

Unknown said...

Oh wow...I do like that idea!