Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What's in a Name?

Just had to share this. I was working on some art with my new line of stamps, "Moustachio", and trying to come up with names for each character. A friend of mine, who just happens to be a psychologist, was here for an afternoon of art. I finished the Artist Trading Card and asked what a good name would be...she didn't blink an eye...she immediately suggested co-dependent. I love it, so here is my ATC "Co-dependent". I used gesso, acrylic paints and stamped the image onto tissue paper. I love using tissue paper with stamps, it is so absorbent...you get such a clear image. I also colored the tissue paper with gel pens before I applied it to the ATC with gloss medium.I added the legs with gel pens as well.






 Here are a few other characters from the line.

                                                       "Cornelius" colored with gel pens.

 I am trying to get them all up on Etsy but it's a chore. I need a new camera, I need better lighting, I need to get better at photoshop...blah...blah...blah.  My dream is to have them licensed so someone else can sell them.

                                                              "Luigi" with gel pens.

 I took Kelly Rae Roberts online class, "Flying Lessons", she explains so much about how to set up and evolve a creative business. She has been major successful in licensing her art. It is a long road and so much to learn. In the meantime I wanted to share my fun and my journey.

                                      "Sid", I added a butterfly stamp and colored with gel pens.

2 comments: