Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Some CHA Favorites

I love CHA, the Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show. This is my third year to attend. Every year I get to meet some of my favorite artists and crafters as well as getting a sneak peek of all the new products. Every time I go I am struck by how many new markers are out there. I want them all!!!...even if I am not sure what to do with half of them. Some are permanent others water soluble...fine tip or chisel tip...transparent or opaque....I'm confused! Somebody please fill me in.

This year I did a few make and takes with some fabulous artists and saw demos with others. Joanne Sharpe was demonstrating Twinkling H2O's and Silks Acrylic Glazes by Luminarte. These are on my list of what to add to my craft stash. Joanne also has some great online classes I must take.

                                      Look at the yummy colors available in Twinkling H2O's!!

Julie Fei Fan-Balzar had a great make and take using Dreamweaver embossing paste. Several companies now have amazingly colored molding pastes...or demonstrated how to add color to molding paste. Another thing on my list...work more with molding pastes, I love texture.

                                                        Dreamweaver embossing paste.

Beacon adhesives had a make and take decorating these gorgeous little felt bags. They had tons of flowers, buttons and gems and glitter to choose from. Janet Takahasi and Angie Vangalis choose the gray bag....I went for the turquoise (my favorite color). Kind of wish I had gone with gray too...really beautiful with the brightly colored embellishments added. Had a great time walking the show with Janet and Angie, both are exceptional lettering artists who seem to know what to do with every marker and brush they pick up.

                              In the Beacon booth with Janet Takahashi and Angie Vangalis.

More later!!

No comments: